Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ode To Timber Jim

If it weren't for the past, we wouldn't be in the present, or have a future. Let's start things off right by taking a moment to honor one of the Timbers greatest icons, Timber Jim. Here's a little ditty I penned a few years back (thanks to The Who for the inspiration):

Ode To Timber Jim
 
Ever since I was a young boy,
I’ve watched the Timbers ball,
From Multnomah down to Civic
I must have seen them all.
But I ain’t seen nothing like Jim
In any kit or scarf
That bearded, loud, and lithe man
Sure wields a mean chain saw!

He stands like a statue
Becomes part of his machine
Feeling all the rivets
Always oiled clean
Cuts by intuition
The wooden chips they fall
That bearded, loud, and lithe man
Sure wields a mean chain saw!!

He’s a chainsaw wizard,
To the crowd he holds a fist.
A chainsaw wizard,
S’got such a supple wrist.

How do you think he does it?
I don’t know!
What makes him so good?

Ain’t got no distractions,
Can’t hear no whistles or calls,
Don’t see no cards a flashin’
Hews by sense of smell.
Always gets a replay,
Never wilts at all,
That bearded loud, and lithe man
Sure wields a mean chainsaw!!!

I thought I was
The Timbers Army king.
But I just handed
My chainsaw crown to him.

Even on my favorite turf
He can cut the best.
His disciples lead him in
And he just does the rest.
He does crazy flips from rafters
Never seen him fall.
That bearded, loud, and lithe man
Sure wields a mean chainsaw!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment